2010 – 2017 : Local Police of Antwerp
The Local Police of Antwerp is one of the biggest police forces in Belgium, and is pioneer in the digitization of the national police forces.
I was hired as Senior Systems Engineer and Technical Project Advisor. Being in that position I experienced the transformation to a modern, IT driven service delivery company for it’s citizens.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the IT Infrastructure
- Technical advisory in all IT related projects
- Secondary Datacenter move
- Advisory role and technical lead in company reorganization of Human Capital
- Global backup strategy & disaster recovery
- Network & systems health control & monitoring – strategy and implementation
- Implementation and maintenance of virtualization infrastructure (VMware) & storage systems
- Functional Analysis of data management & workflow tools for specific department needs
- Defining data flows within the organization and automating through nightly ETLs
- Centralization of clustered web applications to a single framework with SSO